Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 236

Thread: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

  1. #61
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    blacksburg
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    To be fair with your conservative position, it's true I do agree with you in that allowing too much liberalism is unraveling our society.

    But you haven't been taking my comments in context becaues if you saw earlier I said that we need to find a good context between what needs to be considered as bedrock and untouchable in our society, and where the gray area lies.

    From a public standpoint like biggamejames noted I've adopted a passivist standpoint... granted. It may not seem like much, but I put little faith into how governmental secular matters can change the moral fabric of the world.

    From a religious standpoint, I wouldn't adopt passivism one bit. Evangelism and recruiting people into Christianity is THE just and noble cause of all Christians regardless of denomination. It would be my wish that the Churches work their behinds off to convert the hearts and souls of people rather than trying to make its way the law of the land.

    I may not know the exact scripture, but I'm pretty sure this is a foundation of Christianity... To ponder upon a "sin" (as defined by the Bible) and to DWELL upon it and WISH you could do it, e.g. kill a human being, gay acts, etc... is AS bad as actually committing the act.

    That being said, say we made gay marriage illegal. Gays would STILL want to do what they're fighting for. It should be a priority of Christians to get people to see God's light for themselves and not to get people to accept their viewpoint simply because it's secular law.

    You show me a good leader (on this Earth) who can answer that dilemma and I'll follow. (I realize Jesus accomplished this already, but you seem to striking me down based on pragmatic concerns). Until then, I hope God's will prevails and he provides us with a leader or leaders who can accomplish this.

    You're obviously thinking from a very pragmatic standpoint and I respect that... that being, if we allow one thing, everything else will crumble... But simply allowing things from a secular government's standpoint doesn't mean Christians have to follow.

    Even before the government started allowing all the stuff that you (and I admittedly) disagree with, people were already WISHING wholeheartedly they could do these things... As bad as actually doing the sin.

    What I don't appreciate is you making an assessment of my character without really knowing me. I follow probably more so than I lead on a day to day basis.

    You conservative Christian idealism keeps the interests of Christianity known... which is good. I don't think anyone should take those away from you just because the U.S. is based on political liberalism...

    But really get to know me before you make the sweeping accusations that you did.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    And if someone makes the stupid inference that I think gays are automatically not Christian, then wow...

    Just to clear that one up, I think you can be gay and Christian, but relative to your Christian beliefs, you would have to realize what you're thinking is not in line with what God set out man to do.

    Criticize me for this belief... fine.
    But anyone who wants to be and makes and effort to be can be a Christian...

    I just saw that argument flying in my face from left field from some horrible misinterpretation, so I wanted to shoot that in the foot before it started off.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  4. #64
    Inactive Member imported_Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    I'll even agree with him on this one......
    You don't have to win it, just don't lose it.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    i aint attacking you specificy but beign gay and being christian is the most hypocritical thing ever. ITs like (people are going to get mad at me for saying this but dont take it personal or anything) being a Balck man and joining the KU Klux Klan.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  6. #66
    Inactive Member imported_Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    He was saying how hypocritical it would be.
    You don't have to win it, just don't lose it.

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    oh this whole topic has me confused sorry for my post.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  8. #68
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    Haha in 4th grade a teacher a NES told my class that a black man in Mississippi was actually a confirmed member of the KKK on the news. I'm wondering how that one even made it past step one.

    But your opinion depends on whether or not you think being gay is a choice or if you're born with it... to an extent.

    The gay community would love it to be scientifically proven that it's something you're born with due to hormones and such (this is somewhat of an official position). This was lately championed by scientists at UCLA last summer who discovered such altered hormone levels in homosexuals or something to that effect.

    A big strike against that is that when Sheryl Swoopes the WNBA player came out, she said, "I wasn't born this way, I can't really explain how it happened."

    If you are born gay, they I don't think there's anything hypocritical about being Christian at the same time and realizing how your beliefs don't fit within Christianity (I'm sure this would cause LOTS of psychotherapy to happen).

    If being gay is a choice, but you admit it's a bad choice within the bounds of Christianity, I see no argument there either.

    I mean, how many Christians do you know that go everyday of their lives without doing something hypocritical?

    People party, cuss, have sex outside marriage all the time...

    Accepting fault and openly asking for forgiveness = Step 1 of Christianity...

    it's something I'm at a struggle with myself (no I'm not gay), but I do lots of other things wrong...

    I would hope that the Christian community doesn't outcast me because I do stuff like drink till I'm drunk once in a while...
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    no prob, people get confused as to what others motivations are on forums all the time...

    I mean, I know I don't really take the time to read through long statements on here myself.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is WRONG

    just wondering gcdevil, in the last presidential election, how much would you say voted republican vs. dem in bburg?

    I know it was about 40 vs. 60 in Cville and people were at each other's throats over topics like this one.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •